Hope its okay to post this here
I'm selling my BMW 318 ( 1990 ) in oak green. Its a lovely car in good allround nick for the year and virtually no rust at all. It has 116,000 on the clock and has MOT til sept and tax til the end of july. . 4 owners from new
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/bmw.jpg)
It has the odd scratch here and there and a couple car park dings but nothing major. The interior is good but strangely has leather door cards and cloth seats. It has electric windows , sunroof and a crappy 90's tape player.
The enigne drives great and does not seem to lose any of its fluids at all. The gear stick is a little sloppy but no worse than a lot of cars of this age.
The brakes seem fine and the only problem is that the handbrake does not grip on one side , I would guess it is a cable problem as the car brakes firm and evenly when driving
everything else seems to work fine and it has taken me and the family all round the U.K without missing a beat. It is however an old car so please don't expect it to be A1 , it isn't, but it is a reliable old car that'll do someone proud.
There cant be many of these going round as good as this one
I'm after £500 for a quick sale
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/chiny.gif)
Quoting Roadkill (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/chiny.gif)
Yes keep it in the family (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
Best be quick because Craig is coming up here Wednesday morning (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
Quoting: Roadkill
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/chiny.gif)
Chavscort replacement? (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif)
Go ahead Dean, you know you want to. (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif)
that does seem cheap and it would fit more in than the chav-scrote.....
Its probably a little under priced , although there seems to be a lot of dreamers out there.
I paid £500 in january from a friend of a friend and he said it was cheap , so I would be happy with £500
I would have had it if i hadnt got the Honda as i like my Beamers, Very good price for a tourer.
Are you coming up in it on Wednesday ?
Wasn't planning on it. I've booked a train ticket so i would be £38 out of pocket.
It might have been an idea to advertise before booking a ticket . Doh (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/oops.gif)
I'd be interested but have got alot of out goings in the next couple of weeks . . . (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/down.gif)
If you've still got it then let me know. (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
And it's the right generation of BMW to actually work reliably as opposed to the newer ones which would be having you wish you'd been given the multimeter and fuses gift set for xmas...
a guy up the road from me has one like that... goes hooning around in it everyday and never seems to have a problem with it...
Alright Edge, That one's not in my Dictionary of English Slang.(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/chiny.gif)
So what does it mean?(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif)
Quoting: sixpack2639
Alright Edge, That one's not in my Dictionary of English Slang.
So what does it mean?
" Hooning " Driving a car without giving a shite - basically (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
No worries dean. To be honest i realy need to sell before a couple of weeks hence the lower price.
If its still ofr sale i'll give you a shout pal
Is this the one that Dan had? If so I can vouch it's A clean motor
Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
If its still ofr sale i'll give you a shout pal
Thanks, mate.
What with the £735 for the gearbox yesterday and all . . . plus I've got a house sale going through in the next couple of weeks . . . plus I really need to buy a new bathroom suite . . . and . . . . and . . . (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rolleyes.gif)
However - my cars earn me £££ so when the house has gone through and if you've still got it. (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
Quoting: sixpack2639
Alright Edge, That one's not in my Dictionary of English Slang.
So what does it mean?
lol....
Quoting: F Body
" Hooning " Driving a car without giving a shite
kind of yeah, it more means "driving with a liberal application of the throttle" not necessarily not giving a shite...
consider yourself edjamacated (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
Quoting: EDGE
kind of yeah, it more means "driving with a liberal application of the throttle" not necessarily not giving a shite...
I agree.
"Twatting it about" would cover the not giving a shite bit. (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/tongue.gif)
Quoting: Roadkill
plus I've got a house sale going through in the next couple of weeks . . .
Is Castle Roadkill relocating (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/shame.gif)
Quoting: F Body
Is Castle Roadkill relocating
Nope, But the RK property empire is going to be letting a house to Chris and myself... Let the party begin....
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/beavisnbutthead.gif)
Just don't tell the land lord....(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/confused.gif)
Quoting: Roadkill
However - my cars earn me £££
This popped up on another forum - might be of relevance to you
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/19/nmotors19.xmlThis government(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/mad.gif)
Thanks for that.
It's F*cking insane !
For 10,000 miles I get £4,000.
Sounds great but the fuel costs are £1250 ish.
Then there's the insurance and the extra wear and tare.
At the moment it gives me a little bonus on top of my usual (crap) wages.
If this law comes in I'll be looking for another job for sure !
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/mad.gif)
Those early 3 series were nice and tail happy from what I recall, which is why so many cut and shuts are out there!
Quoting: EDGE
consider yourself edjamacated
Duely noted! (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
Do I get a Duh-ploma now that i'm edjamacated? (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif)
Yeah fieldy it is Dans old car , only a darn site cleaner than when he had it (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
Okay i need to sell the old girl to fund an alarm and steering box (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
£400 to a MKB member
even more bargainatious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now that is a damn good price
Its also sometimes used as an expression of size, i.e.
"Hooning great big t!tties"
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/ryanbudd/NZC/jana_defi_advert_a.jpg)
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/shame.gif) My god she must get back ache
Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
only a darn site cleaner than when he had it
I can see that, 'tis a very smart, clean 3 series. good price too
Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
£400 to a MKB member
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/shame.gif)
Just can't do it at the moment. (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/confused.gif)
I've got to wait til the house goes through at least. (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/confused.gif)
All arches are as good as this one
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/bmw001.jpg)
Only real mark on the interior is a scuff on the drivers seat
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/bmw003.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/bmw004.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/bmw002.jpg)
Quoting: sixpack2639
hooning
Alright Edge, That one's not in my Dictionary of English Slang.
Hey why not buy the T Shirt (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif)
(http://shop.gawker.com/images/Hoon_Large.jpg)
(http://shop.gawker.com/images/Hoon_Close_up.jpg)
http://shop.gawker.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=JLT02
Forgot to mention
It comes with a dog guard and built in load cover and the first aid kit is even still sitting there unopened. It also has had a new radiator in '01 and a new water water pump and cambelt at 81,000
here is a couple pic of the side of the car to show how straight she is. also the pic of the rust spot
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/bmw006.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/bmw005.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/bmw007.jpg)
Quoting: FUBAR
Its also sometimes used as an expression of size, i.e.
"Hooning great big t!tties"
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/ryanbudd/NZC/jana_defi_advert_a.jpg)
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/shame.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/tongue.gif)
Just had this email from someone who saw it on pistonheads.com
do you reckon its a scam. I dont mean to be rude but even if it isn't a scam , i cant be assed to deal with someone like this
Hello
Basicly am willing to purchase your CAR ,pls i will really appreciate if you
can forward some pics.
In other words,i'''ll very glad if you can tell me the status condition,cause am
a little beat skeptical about the condition.
Has a atter of fact,i''''ll like to know the last price you requesting for,
now,as such,i''''ll like us to conclude this deal asoon as possible.
Most important,i''''ll really appreciate if you can forward your phone numer and
where you located at,and pls with due respect,i''''ll be anticipating your
prompt notification immediately so as to conclude this transaction asap thanks.
Joe...
with english like that.........its gotta be a forign scammer........(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
bless em
Just had a bloke from London trying to barter me down to £350 (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rolleyes.gif)
as if it isn't cheap enough!
You get all sorts on forums.
That guy sounds like a scammer bot . . . doesn't even sound human !
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif)
Quoting: Roadkill
That guy sounds like a scammer bot . . . doesn't even sound human !
I'd go scammer but might be worth an e-mail just in case he's just thick (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/chiny.gif)
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/cool.gif) better than nice mate.
It rocks (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rock.gif)
Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
better than nice mate.
It rocks
DOH !
As I said though it was time to move on, funds permitting ?
Dam I 've only been working 9 straight days and it sucks already (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/sad.gif)
Think my record was 213 days (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/shame.gif)
any ideas of future wheels then martyn
Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
any ideas of future wheels then martyn
Plenty but I'm holding out for something (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/cool.gif)
An Astro would be (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/cool.gif)
Oh, right, you just sold one.(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rolleyes.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif)
Quoting: sixpack2639
An Astro would be
Oh, right, you just sold one.
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/slap.gif)
I really enjoyed the Astro/Safari but time for a change (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
SOLD (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
Congrats!(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
sweet (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
Good News (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
T'was only a matter of time. (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
Damit!! just seen this thread and I need a daily until my yank arrives... anyone else got a cheap run around??