MKB Forum

General MKB => General Banter => Topic started by: F Body on June 11, 2007, 09:43:57 PM

Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: F Body on June 11, 2007, 09:43:57 PM
Is the Pope still Catholic (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif)

Apple turn to the dark side to increase sales :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6742439.stm


"We think Windows users are going to be really impressed when they see how fast and intuitive web browsing can be with Safari," said Mr Jobs"

I doubt it , after all it's still running Windows (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/sad.gif)

Where's G Unit when you need a good unbalanced ( sorry that was a typing error - but I've decided to leave it because I was going to say " unbiased " ) view (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Titsy on June 11, 2007, 09:51:20 PM
Quoting: F Body
Is the Pope still Catholic


No, but he does $hit in the woods...(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/smirk.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: F Body on June 11, 2007, 09:54:14 PM
Quoting: Titsy
No, but he does $hit in the woods...


Speaking of which did you see President Bush's Cadillac breaking down in Rome today...oop's (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/lol.gif)

http://in.today.reuters.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2007-06-09T203406Z_01_NOOTR_RTRMDNC_0_India-302358-1.xml
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Titsy on June 11, 2007, 09:56:29 PM
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rolleyes.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/newb.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Cunning Plan on June 11, 2007, 10:01:09 PM
Quoting: F Body
G Unit


(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/tongue.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Fieldy on June 12, 2007, 02:30:23 AM
http://www.apple.com/safari/download/
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: EDGE on June 12, 2007, 09:56:14 AM
oh dear...
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Fieldy on June 12, 2007, 11:23:40 AM
Im using it now.

Pros.....Its damn quick (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/shame.gif)

cons.....For some reason everything is in bold (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/down.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Cunning Plan on June 12, 2007, 02:02:09 PM
Quoting: Fieldy
cons.....For some reason everything is in bold


Just DL'd it..  Havent got the bold problem BUT... the mouse scroll doesnt work (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/down.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rolleyes.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Cunning Plan on June 12, 2007, 02:03:07 PM
Quoting: Cunning Plan
cons.....For some reason everything is in bold


Try Edit> Preferences>appearance
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: sixpack2639 on June 12, 2007, 02:07:23 PM
I think i'll stick with IE thanks.(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/smirk.gif)

I don't need it to be uber fast, hell I can't keep up now!!!(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Incursus on June 12, 2007, 03:29:01 PM
Quoting: Cunning Plan
Quoting: Fieldy
cons.....For some reason everything is in bold

Just DL'd it.. Havent got the bold problem BUT... the mouse scroll doesnt work


But surely "it just works" ?  (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif)


(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rolleyes.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Cunning Plan on June 12, 2007, 04:12:40 PM
Quoting: Incursus
But surely "it just works"

(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rolleyes.gif)
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/tongue.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Pod on June 12, 2007, 04:56:55 PM
As far as web browsers go, I'd rate them as:

Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
IE6 (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/down.gif)
IE7 (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/down.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/pokey.gif)
Safari on windows (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/down.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/down.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/pokey.gif)

There's already lots of problems with Safari, but I'd expect them to be fixed soon. In which case it's got potential to be better than IE.
Firefox is by far the best/least buggy/safest web browser around, in my opinion.
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: ianjpage on June 12, 2007, 04:58:19 PM
firefox for teh win!!!111 (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/firefoxpowah.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: F Body on June 12, 2007, 05:12:54 PM
Quoting: Pod
As far as web browsers go, I'd rate them as:

Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/)



Yep even my computer illiterate brain prefers Firefox (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/worship.gif)

(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/firefoxpowah.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: sixpack2639 on June 13, 2007, 05:21:31 AM
I upgraded to IE7 when it first came out and have yet to have a problem with it.(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rtfm.gif)

Knock wood!!(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Fieldy on June 13, 2007, 10:32:31 AM
I like Safari and Firefox about the same TBH......I can still see all the webpages so don't really see much difference (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Fieldy on June 14, 2007, 12:36:59 AM
back to firefox.....

Safari was fast, but made everything else slow...also crashed twice already....cant be bothered with that,

Good ol' Firefox, I shall never doubt you again.....(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rolleyes.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: sixpack2639 on June 14, 2007, 02:34:56 AM
A little (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/offtopic.gif) but it took me 3 freakin hours this afternoon to setup the printer on my daughters' new puter!(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/smirk.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/down.gif)

I can tell you this much, Windows Vista SUCKS!!!!!!(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rtfm.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: F Body on June 14, 2007, 06:55:53 AM
Quoting: Fieldy
Good ol' Firefox, I shall never doubt you again.....


Getting Firefox was the bet bit of advice my Geeky friends gave me (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/firefoxpowah.gif)

Quoting: sixpack2639
I can tell you this much, Windows Vista SUCKS!!!!!!


Tried to talk my Manager out of buying a new puter with Vista last week, now he comes in to work every day cursing the dam thing (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/devil.gif)

Good old Microsoft - Every product designed to fail (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/sad.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Incursus on June 14, 2007, 08:19:12 AM
Well used Safari all of last night, not impressed, IE7 is still better, (might try again when the full version is released) but as i'm in the mood for trying new things so I'll give Firefox a blast tonight, see what all the fuss is about (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rolleyes.gif)

Also my subscription to McCrappies finaly ran out (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/woohoo.gif) so i'm giving AVG a go.
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: HardRockCamaro on June 14, 2007, 08:51:42 AM
I use Safari on my Mac, I did try Firefox and I do have it installed but found that Safari rendered pages much faster and also rendered the fonts better (anti-aliasing).  (took me a while to get used to that but now non anti-alisased systems look spdery to me).

I understand why Apple are doing this, it's to get non Mac people used to Safari as that is what is on the iPhone.  Plus, the iPhone will sync your bookmarks between the phone and the computer.

Frankly I don't see it taking off, most people who know no beter will continue to use IE and the techie types will use Firefox, mainly due to it's great selection of plugins...

The other problem is that they have decided ot relese it as a public beta.  I realise they're up against it time wise (iPhone lanches June 29th) but it stands to reason that an unfinished product is likely to be insecure, unstable and generally buggy.  Hardly the way to woo a new audience.  I can see a lot of bad press for them over this.
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: sixpack2639 on June 14, 2007, 03:16:08 PM
Quoting: F Body
Tried to talk my Manager out of buying a new puter with Vista last week, now he comes in to work every day cursing the dam thing


You shoulda tried harder.(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif)

He can't say he wasn't warned though.(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rtfm.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: F Body on June 14, 2007, 05:23:42 PM
Quoting: sixpack2639
You shoulda tried harder.

He can't say he wasn't warned though.



Told me he was on the helpline line for four hours last night (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/sad.gif)

Seems Vista won't connect with FA (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/down.gif)

As I said " Designed to fail " (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rtfm.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Pod on June 14, 2007, 05:40:47 PM
Quoting: F Body
Getting Firefox was the bet bit of advice my Geeky friends gave me


Firefox now has a built in spellchecker. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:3
Great for spell checking online forms, such as forum posts. (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: F Body on June 14, 2007, 06:10:19 PM
Quoting: Pod
Firefox now has a built in spellchecker. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:3
Great for spell checking online forms, such as forum posts.



Wot wood I kneed a smelling checker four (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif)

I'm not iliterate I know who my father is (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif)


Downloaded (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: sixpack2639 on June 14, 2007, 06:32:03 PM
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/funny.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Fieldy on June 15, 2007, 12:35:15 AM
I have the spell checker.....but all it does is redline everything I miss-spell, it doesn't give me the correct spelling!

It just points out how bad I am!
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: F Body on June 15, 2007, 06:47:39 AM
Quoting: Fieldy
but all it does is redline everything I miss-spell,


Gotta love technology (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/devil.gif)

If I knew how to spell it I wouldn't have asked the spell checker (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rtfm.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Pod on June 15, 2007, 04:00:52 PM
Quoting: Fieldy
but all it does is redline everything I miss-spell, it doesn't give me the correct spelling!


Try right clicking on the bit which is underlined. (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rtfm.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rolleyes.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Fieldy on June 16, 2007, 01:20:09 AM
Quoting: Pod
Try right clicking on the bit which is underlined.


(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/beavisnbutthead.gif)

Firefox is now the ultimate browser!!!

Cheers Pod!!
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: Incursus on June 16, 2007, 10:27:09 AM
Been using Firefox for a bit now.....meh very similar to the Safari (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif)

I'll give it couple more days but at the moment I prefer IE7 (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif)
Title: Apple launch Windows Browser.
Post by: sixpack2639 on June 16, 2007, 05:17:06 PM
Mum has firefox on her puter and TBH i'm not impressed with it.(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/down.gif)

I'll be sticking with IE7 myself.(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/cool.gif)