I'm gonna have to put the IROC up for sale due to the little'un # 2 being due in Aug and having so many things to buy and do.
I'm looking for the price guide that HRC posted. Anyone know where it was posted ??
Feel a little sick that i'm even considering it but my head is telling me to do it + i feel mega guilty that the family is walking round an unfinished house / garden and i've got 2 yanks (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/confused.gif)
+++++ I cant get enough of driving the astro and the camaro isn't getting the use it needs
Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Well, imho £5K is top money for a third gen.
Anything over 5K needs to be something very special (eg 1LE or vert version of the spec below, I think a vert is worth a good grand more than a coupe as long as the hood is mint. Or it could be ultra low miles, ie less than 40k).
I've only had a cursory look over yours and it certainly appears very nice but I think 5K is maybe a bit much (but if you can get it go for it, you'll just need the right buyer).
I would probably advertise it for £4,900 (for psychology) and hope to get 4.5K. I wouldn't take less than 4K though.
There is no real guide to the price of these cars of course, but looking around really excellent examples are rare. There's too much butchering (I don't mind modifying but most people haven't got a ******* clue) and general neglect.
In the USA top examples cost good money. Expect to pay $10-$12K for a really good 5.7L IROC. Special ones go for even more.
With that in mind and the lack of cars in the UK *my opinion* is thus:
For 5K I would expect an IROC with the 5.7 with the G92 axle, leather, t-tops and basically be pretty much fully loaded. It would either be bone stock and very low mileage or modified with the best parts with no corners cut etc. The car should want for nothing.
I think 4.5K is a more realistic price for a really great condition 5.0 IROC with the good options (air, t-tops etc but not necessarily leather) and low miles or lots of stuff replaced (eg suspension etc) but again, done right, the car should want for nothing. Or a good but not show quality 5.7L.
4K is what I would pay for a non IROC (eg RS) in excellent condition or for an IROC that requires some minor work (ie no rust and decent but original paint and no tears in the interior. Perhaps needs a minor tranny rebuild or a couple of other minor mech bits, for example valve stem seals). Or a slightly tired 5.7L model
3.5K is for a slightly tired IROC or RS in need of nothing too serious, ie no wrecks. Daily driver material that won't win any shows but isn't in a condition you'd be ashamed of.
3K is for a fairly tatty car that has peeling paint, slightly sagging headliner and rather tired interior and probably wants the brakes rebuilt and suspension changing etc. Possibly smokes on startup and basically needs a fair bit of attention for you to be happy with it.
2K - 3K is the realm of tired cars that need quite a bit of money spending on them, probably about 2K spending on them + paint if you want to end up with a really nice example.
< 2k is for cars that are barely hanging on.
Bear in mind that the price guide is of course just my opinion based on what I've seen good cars and tatty cars go for (and watching US auctions on good cars).
Yeah no worries HRC, i just thought it was a good write up and therefor wanted to read it again.
Martyn i'm gonna have a think about just to make sure i'm doing the right thing but i think she may have to go (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/down.gif) no point struggling when a car could go
Im looking at one at the mo but may be tempted by yours as its a 5.7 but then this one is really cheap
Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
i'm gonna have a think about just to make sure i'm doing the right thing but i think she may have to go
Always a difficult decision Craig, I agonised for weeks before deciding to sell the GMC (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
I'm feeling pretty low at the moment, empty drive and empty garage (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/sad.gif)
Been to look at a few different things but nothing has :
A / Been Described accurately.
B / Been at the right price.
C / Most importantly pushed my button !
I've just gotta be patient (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/can.gif)
its never is an easy decision, is it mate (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/confused.gif)
What sort of motor are you looking for
Rocky what money is the other IROC going for ? and what sort of money are you looking to pay for one
Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
What sort of motor are you looking for
Something more extreem that the last couple of motors (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
Oh do tell via PM (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
Oh do tell via PM
I'm going to do a Cunning plan...............
But I'll probably get mine before his (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif)
Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
Rocky what money is the other IROC going for ? and what sort of money are you looking to pay for one
Depends on the car. But the one im looking at is tuned, suspension and engine i have plans for it. will be paying around £1500 for it as its a desperate seller. I have a few people looking for one so will let them know about yours as you will get more for yours
£1500 (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/shame.gif)
sounds like a bargain
Craig can you email me some pics and info on the car and price as i may have someone interested in a car that needs a bit of TLC thought of yours if it needs a bit of bodywork.
yeah shouldn't be a problem.
I'll get some pics sorted but here is a quick run down
'87 Iroc 350 5.7 - 75,000 ish kms
Flew through the last M.O.T and has some tax.
-New TCI streetfigther gearbox ( only 80 miles on it ) with a Bowtie Overdrives 2200rpm TC and a larger Ally TCI transmission pan . B&M trans cooler( not fitted). and new genuine G.M shift cable
-Hedman headers with matching Y pipe with electric cutouts installed. Cat removed and replaced with a custom stainless pipe leading to a Hooker Aerochamber cat back system
-Top end rebuild from Bob Harman performance around 4,000 kms ago including new pushrods and rocker arms
- New air foil , plugs , leads, oil , air cleaners, filters, o2 sensor ect ect
- High option list including the following
GW6 : AXLE REAR, 3.27 RATIO
G80 : AXLE POSITRACTION, LIMITED SLIP
FE2 : SUSPENSION SYSTEM, RIDE HANDLING
1SC : PACKAGE, OPTION 03
Full RPO list below
AC3-AG9-AR9-AU3-A01-A31-A90-B18-B2L-B3W-B34-B35-B4Z-B84-B94-B97-CD4-C60-DD8-DG7-DK6-D08-D34-D42-D6M-D80-D88-E5Z-E7Z-E9Z-FE2-GW6-G80-J65-KC4-K34-K68-L98-MD8-MX0-NA5-N0D-NP5-N33-N65-N96-PB4-P20-QD2-TR9-TT4-T93-T96-UQ1-UX1-U21-U25-U26-U29-U79-VK3-V73-YR1-YS1-YT1-YT9-Z28-1AZ-1HV-1SC-15P-6ZX-7ZX-8NL-81Q-81U-82C-82I-829-86A-9NL
- loads of other parts and thousands of £'s spent , with reciepts.
It needs a headliner, i can get one no probs but money has been tight. Has a rust bubbling on the drivers wheel arch but no rust any where else on the car. paint faded in places and would benefit a re- spray to make A1. 2" tear on drivers seat but the rest of the interior is Superb condition
To be honest I've spent thousands on exhaust and transmission upgrades when really i should have had the spray job done. It drives superb and shifts like a bastard, feels very quick even for a 5.7
How much?
God knows. Your the expert (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/tongue.gif)
I paid £1800 for it with a knackered box and a load of other things that needed doing to it.
I'm not being greedy or trying my luck just really have no clue what its worth.
If i sell i was going to stick it on Ebay to find its own value
Here are some pics mate.
I'll try to get better ones this wekkend
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/camaro003.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/mycamaro.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/sensors006.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/sensors005.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/cutoutinstall003.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/craigscamaro.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/DSC01469.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/camaro004.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/camaro002.jpg)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/craigthejones/craigscamaro-2.jpg)
All photo's were taking with out cleaning the car / engine.
I was planning to give her a good scrub up and polish so i'll take better pics then