MKB Forum

Forum Information => Questions and Queries => Topic started by: Roadkill on July 05, 2007, 02:35:33 PM

Title: Tools ?
Post by: Roadkill on July 05, 2007, 02:35:33 PM
Looking to slowly increase / replace / update my power tool collection.

Typically I used to go for Black & Decker 240v corded jobbies but over the years I have used a variety of more . . . "industrial" tools so am thinking of aiming a little higher.

Also batteries have come along way over the last 10 years so I was thinking of going all cordless, too.

One make people seem to favour and I've personally found very good is Dewalt.

Basically.  Has anyone got any other recommendations . . ?  (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Incursus on July 05, 2007, 03:00:18 PM
huh huh he said tool.


(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/beavisnbutthead.gif)


(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rofls.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: ianjpage on July 05, 2007, 03:01:51 PM
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rolleyes.gif) (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rolleyes.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Jamieg285 on July 05, 2007, 03:06:05 PM
Bosch stuff is reasonable, but not as good as Dewalt IMHO.
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Cunning Plan on July 05, 2007, 03:27:09 PM
I work for Makita (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Cunning Plan on July 05, 2007, 03:28:01 PM
Quoting: Jamieg285
good as Dewalt


Dewalt are black + decker with a bigger marketing budget..  Their plastics are cheap and flex after time..  (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rtfm.gif)

(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/cowboy.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Roadkill on July 05, 2007, 03:40:30 PM
I've used both Bosch and DeWalt cordless drills/drivers and there's no comparision . . the DeWalts are superior.

Quoting: Cunning Plan
I work for Makita


Any discounts ? (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/chiny.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Cunning Plan on July 05, 2007, 05:28:35 PM
Quoting: Roadkill
Any discounts ?


Possibly..  Let me know what you want ill get the calc out tomoz..

Quoting: Roadkill
I've used both Bosch and DeWalt cordless drills/drivers and there's no comparision . . the DeWalts are superior.


Most people that use DW say they wont go back..  They arent up to the professional's day-in day-out use..  If you only use them as a advanced DIY'er you probably dont notice..

(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/cowboy.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Roadkill on July 05, 2007, 05:30:38 PM
Quoting: Cunning Plan
Let me know what you want


I'll have a butchers at their product list . . . . (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: sixpack2639 on July 05, 2007, 05:53:48 PM
Makita all the way for me!!(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif) If Makita don't make it, I don't need it!!
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Rob on July 05, 2007, 06:56:49 PM
Quoting: sixpack2639
Makita all the way for me!!


Try not to go with the DIY range though
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Cunning Plan on July 05, 2007, 07:46:29 PM
Quoting: Rob
try not to go with the DIY range though


MakTec is actually not bad stuff, the only thing cheaper is the plastic moulding.. all the motor/bushes etc is all normal makita stuff...  Our new stuff looks alot better anyway (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Roadkill on July 06, 2007, 09:22:24 AM
Quoting: Rob
Try not to go with the DIY range though


Nah, I want (very) long-lasting tools so I'd go for the industrial versions . . . (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Cunning Plan on July 06, 2007, 09:33:47 AM
Quoting: Roadkill
Nah, I want (very) long-lasting tools so I'd go for the industrial versions


Yah you can change the bushes and things in most stuff now..

PM me your addy i can sent you a catalogue..
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Roadkill on July 06, 2007, 09:42:05 AM
PM sent.  (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/cowboy.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Cunning Plan on July 06, 2007, 09:49:31 AM
roger that..

Will put one in teH post today

(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/cowboy.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Roadkill on July 06, 2007, 11:00:02 AM
(http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/rock.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Roadkill on July 06, 2007, 12:47:13 PM
A couple of these would be first on the list . . .

http://www.powertoolsuk.co.uk/webcat/details.asp?ProductCode=8444DWAE&ID=3957
Title: Tools ?
Post by: F Body on July 06, 2007, 12:52:45 PM
As CP Said Dewalt are B&D but generally their products are better than DIY stuff but ain't as good as Makita.
Some of the Makita prices are just way over the top unless your gonna be using it daily.
I usually check the spec's first, chuck size , wattage etc (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
The last power tool I bought was a Bosh jig saw, went for the Bosh one because it has a collet type blade retention system, rather than a crappy screw type.
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Roadkill on July 06, 2007, 12:54:31 PM
Yeah, been having a lookie at the Makita range . . . good stuff. (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)

Good prices, too. (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Roadkill on July 09, 2007, 11:51:11 AM
Got the catalogue, mate, thanks - I'll start having a look through . . .

Any reason why a third of it is printed upside-down ? (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/dontknow.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Cunning Plan on July 09, 2007, 12:03:33 PM
Quoting: Roadkill
Any reason why a third of it is printed upside-down ?


The bit at the back is OPE - Outdoor Powered Equipment..  We divide the two as the markets are fairly different plus we didnt have to print another catalogue (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/tongue.gif)
Title: Tools ?
Post by: Roadkill on July 09, 2007, 12:26:27 PM
Quoting: Cunning Plan
The bit at the back is OPE - Outdoor Powered Equipment..


Ahh, I guessed that could be the case. (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/cowboy.gif)