MKB Forum

Forum Information => Questions and Queries => Topic started by: a91_formula on July 15, 2007, 08:49:45 PM

Title: Wheels
Post by: a91_formula on July 15, 2007, 08:49:45 PM
Hi

Am considering import some wheels in from the good ole US of A (with tyres mounted).

Can anyone offer some input on shipping costs, excise duty etc etc.

Approx value is £1100.

Thanks
Title: Wheels
Post by: Roadkill on July 16, 2007, 02:05:36 PM
You'll pay tax on stuff over £18 @ 17.5%.

Also companies will put their "handling charge" on over here (Parcel Force is £8, UPS is £15-odd . . . )

I know it's awkward but if possible I'd suggest getting them sent either separately or in pairs to reduce weight down in order to send USPS.

That way you'll save a fortune compared to UPS/FedEx . . . etc.
Title: Wheels
Post by: a91_formula on July 16, 2007, 03:53:29 PM
cheers for your reply (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/wink.gif)
Title: Wheels
Post by: Roadkill on July 16, 2007, 04:00:45 PM
No problem . . . I intend to be shipping wheels/tyres next year for the Caddy so will be interested how it goes . . . (http://mkb-cc.yanksrule.co.uk//Forum/smileys/up.gif)