Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Finlay

#1
General Banter / bikers corner.
October 15, 2007, 11:02:24 PM
Took it for the Test ride....

WOW.....What can I say......Its a little different than the ZZR600

The Gear box...eases its self into gears...No KLUNK or Click as with the Jap bikes Ive had, the belt drive is great...NO LASH at all

The Brakes...You feel like you could get the back end in the air with even moderate force on the front lever...Again better than anything Ive ever rode...Not since the Big Single Brembo on my old 125cc MZ has a single disc been so good

The Handling.... VERY sure footed, Very easy to ride, Very easy to be confident, and them bends Much better than anything Ive ridden before

The Engine & power delivery.... THE BEST BIT, Oooozes charm..

From tickover when the front and back tire's hop and jump about while the bike is on its stand

To pulling off, Instant torque, Wide the throttle all the way back in first and second and the front end lifts up under power ...But it s not scary whaen it does

5th gear from 2000rpm it pulls fine (Above 3000rpm  is the best place)

basicaly you never realy needx to change gear once your moving at a reasonable speed, Just wide on and off the power

The Sound it makes is Fantastic.... A Machine thats alive and speaks to ya... 100mph came up very quick indeed, maybe not at warp hypersport speed.... But fast enough for me


So What do I recon, If you want a perfect bike then buy a Honda..... If you want a smooth ride ... Buy a Honda.... (Replace Honda with any of the usual suspects)

If you want to Live Life to the full BUY A BUELL and enjoy its Rustic Charms, I dont no why but to me its like the Old big Brit Twins...Its just PROPER




(All from a 4 mile test ride...lol....)
#2
General Banter / bikers corner.
October 15, 2007, 02:26:18 PM
I got me a Buell
2001 Cyclone M2 1203cc (Carb Model) with less than 10k on the clock for £2150



Deposit paid.... Its Fantastic to Ride...Totaly different to anything I have ever had before.... Its superb...But I can see why its a bit of a Marmite Bike (Love em or dispise them)

Paid the Deposit and should be with me by Friday.....
#3
General Banter / A plea for help.....
September 25, 2007, 02:07:20 AM
Sorted Mr Carl
#4
General Banter / £50m Fine
September 13, 2007, 11:50:28 PM
50m .... lol I would tell them to fook off and defect to a real race series!

If the Fa-farty team can not keep the design under wraps that's there fault.

And whats the use of a book full of go slower parts, its like a Chevy guy lookind to Ford for help..lol (Jkin)
#5
General Banter / bikers corner.
September 10, 2007, 11:38:56 PM
You need to take that Blue plastic off the Exhaust Art mate...It will be all melted if you get the engine warm (Still time to remove it then )

My Old Hack (ZZR600) will be up for sale /PX soon as I needs me a Buell,

but in the mean time Im tootling around on the battle scared  Kwackerwacky

Good bike for £700 / Great winter hack and good for some blistering speeds

MKB

(Tahoe is doing well Mr Art, The engine tapping is louder underneath.....So Im not listening to it there again..lol)
#6
Projects / Ryan's IROC Thread
August 15, 2007, 01:53:16 PM
Ryan....

3" tube now in stock. All on its way over to you for del tomorrow

Cheers
Fin
#7
lol.....  it would take over 6ft of flood water to stop you

And as all above have said, You earnt the Donations two fold already!!!

WELL DONE
#8
Ive always moved them quick, and sold them at the right price for me at the time

Its not your normal Yank owner that come to buy the Typhoons....

Many of the people that phoned were used to Jap and Euro cars (a of 911 and a couple of BMW M3 owners) one guy came over and just slated Typhoons and Syclones for 20 mins....Saying he had seen 5 so far and all were crap.... I suggested he went to have a look at the 1993 No 2200 Typhoon in the states...(Its in GM's lockup and has never been sold)

The guy that did buy it knew what GMC build quality was like..lol



Im happy to sell it so quick as I was expecting the long haul with this one. And them pound notes sure look good
#9
I tell you one thing its not the easiest car to sell.... And Lots of time wasters more than I have ever had with past car sales
#10
I took £4200 for it which means I lost around £250 in total.... on what I spent and what the Phoon cost in the first place.

What I have lost is Hours and Hours of my time fixing the damm thing


I might have a change in the future and buy an Oz car.  A nice UTE
#11
Now to open my Exhaust Fabrication Workshop....

I'll keep you posted
#12
Its sold to a bloke in Croydon
#13
Well thats it ... Apart from a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0.... Im yankless for the forseable future

YAY a few months off from the spanners then...lol
#14
I can take payment on a credit card....or two

Think of all the Kitchen Cabinates that you could fit in the back of the practical Phoon
#15
COME ON THEN - Lets have a Running Total Collected so far
#16
lol....You have been waiting to use the Smiley

Its never stopped pissing it down  here for the last few days......

Anyway  today looks lighter

EDGE HAS A REPLY
#17
Second post down :-)

I'll be taking some current ones when the sun comes out

Cheers
Fin
#18
The Drive system already gives the power to the wheels that has the most grip...

But all the sensors are still there and are working

Well guys If you know anyone that does want it (Has the Cash For It) then let me know

Cheers
Fin
#19
lol.........
#20
ABS Question....

NO it dosnt have ABS and I would advise every Typhoon owner to Remove the system as I have done....

Doing 80mph up to a round about and the The Brake pedal going solid and not applying any force to the brakes is a big problem.....Thank god for the E-brake just managed to slow us down (new shoes supplied with the truck..lol)

This problem is a common fault with the TY & SY's  and has caused many crashes/right offs in the states

Now with out the system on the TY the braking force is Much better and it slows down quicker... Also less brake fade
#21
Sent
#22
I'll take £4000 Cash for it.................... NOW THINK AWAY
#23
Sending Its now
#24
YES YOU CAN You can do what you want......And this one has a big advantage over many..........It Works
#25
And the Address is ??