1990 BMW 318 touring for sale

Started by CJ-IROCZ, May 21, 2007, 07:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ-IROCZ

Hope its okay to post this here

I'm selling my BMW 318 ( 1990 ) in oak green. Its a lovely car in good allround nick for the year and virtually no rust at all. It has 116,000 on the clock and has MOT til sept and tax til the end of july. . 4 owners from new



It has the odd scratch here and there and a couple car park dings but nothing major. The interior is good but strangely has leather door cards and cloth seats. It has electric windows , sunroof and a crappy 90's tape player.

The enigne drives great and does not seem to lose any of its fluids at all. The gear stick is a little sloppy but no worse than a lot of cars of this age.

The brakes seem fine and the only problem is that the handbrake does not grip on one side , I would guess it is a cable problem as the car brakes firm and evenly when driving

everything else seems to work fine and it has taken me and the family all round the U.K without missing a beat. It is however an old car so please don't expect it to be A1 , it isn't, but it is a reliable old car that'll do someone proud.

There cant be many of these going round as good as this one

I'm after £500 for a quick sale


F Body

Quoting Roadkill

Yes keep it in the family

Best be quick because Craig is coming up here Wednesday morning

Titsy

Quoting: Roadkill


Chavscort replacement?

sixpack2639

Go ahead Dean, you know you want to.

EDGE

that does seem cheap and it would fit more in than the chav-scrote.....

CJ-IROCZ

Its probably a little under priced , although there seems to be a lot of dreamers out there.

I paid £500 in january from a friend of a friend and he said it was cheap , so I would be happy with £500

Rocky

I would have had it if i hadnt got the Honda as i like my Beamers, Very good price for a tourer.

Roadkill

Are you coming up in it on Wednesday ?

CJ-IROCZ

Wasn't planning on it. I've booked a train ticket so i would be £38 out of pocket.

It might have been an idea to advertise before booking a ticket . Doh

Roadkill

I'd be interested but have got alot of out goings in the next couple of weeks . . .

If you've still got it then let me know.

HardRockCamaro

And it's the right generation of BMW to actually work reliably as opposed to the newer ones which would be having you wish you'd been given the multimeter and fuses gift set for xmas...

EDGE

a guy up the road from me has one like that... goes hooning around in it everyday and never seems to have a problem with it...

sixpack2639

Quoting: EDGE
hooning


Alright Edge, That one's not in my Dictionary of English Slang.

So what does it mean?

F Body

Quoting: sixpack2639
Alright Edge, That one's not in my Dictionary of English Slang.

So what does it mean?


" Hooning " Driving a car without giving a shite - basically

CJ-IROCZ

No worries dean. To be honest i realy need to sell before a couple of weeks hence the lower price.

If its still ofr sale i'll give you a shout pal

Fieldy

Is this the one that Dan had? If so I can vouch it's A clean motor

Roadkill

Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
If its still ofr sale i'll give you a shout pal


Thanks, mate.

What with the £735 for the gearbox yesterday and all . . . plus I've got a house sale going through in the next couple of weeks . . . plus I really need to buy a new bathroom suite . . . and . . . . and . . .

However - my cars earn me £££ so when the house has gone through and if you've still got it.

EDGE

Quoting: sixpack2639
Alright Edge, That one's not in my Dictionary of English Slang.

So what does it mean?


lol....

Quoting: F Body
" Hooning " Driving a car without giving a shite


kind of yeah, it more means "driving with a liberal application of the throttle"  not necessarily not giving a shite...

consider yourself edjamacated

Roadkill

Quoting: EDGE
kind of yeah, it more means "driving with a liberal application of the throttle" not necessarily not giving a shite...


I agree.

"Twatting it about" would cover the not giving a shite bit.

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
plus I've got a house sale going through in the next couple of weeks . . .


Is Castle Roadkill relocating

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
Is Castle Roadkill relocating


Nope, But the RK property empire is going to be letting a house to Chris and myself... Let the party begin....

Just don't tell the land lord....

Mustangus

Quoting: Roadkill
However - my cars earn me £££


This popped up on another forum - might be of relevance to you

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/19/nmotors19.xml\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/19/nmotors19.xml

This government

Roadkill

Quoting: Mustangus
This popped up on another forum - might be of relevance to you

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/19/nmotors19.xml\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/19/nmotors19.xml


Thanks for that.

It's F*cking insane !

For 10,000 miles I get £4,000.

Sounds great but the fuel costs are £1250 ish.

Then there's the insurance and the extra wear and tare.

At the moment it gives me a little bonus on top of my usual (crap) wages.

If this law comes in I'll be looking for another job for sure !


Giblets

Those early 3 series were nice and tail happy from what I recall, which is why so many cut and shuts are out there!