Apple launch Windows Browser.

Started by F Body, June 11, 2007, 09:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Is the Pope still Catholic

Apple turn to the dark side to increase sales :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6742439.stm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6742439.stm


"We think Windows users are going to be really impressed when they see how fast and intuitive web browsing can be with Safari," said Mr Jobs"

I doubt it , after all it's still running Windows

Where's G Unit when you need a good unbalanced ( sorry that was a typing error - but I've decided to leave it because I was going to say " unbiased " ) view

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
Is the Pope still Catholic


No, but he does $hit in the woods...

F Body



Cunning Plan

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)


EDGE


Fieldy

Im using it now.

Pros.....Its damn quick

cons.....For some reason everything is in bold

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Fieldy
cons.....For some reason everything is in bold


Just DL'd it..  Havent got the bold problem BUT... the mouse scroll doesnt work
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Cunning Plan
cons.....For some reason everything is in bold


Try Edit> Preferences>appearance
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

sixpack2639

I think i'll stick with IE thanks.

I don't need it to be uber fast, hell I can't keep up now!!!

Incursus

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Quoting: Fieldy
cons.....For some reason everything is in bold

Just DL'd it.. Havent got the bold problem BUT... the mouse scroll doesnt work


But surely "it just works" ?  



Cunning Plan

Quoting: Incursus
But surely "it just works"


1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Pod

As far as web browsers go, I'd rate them as:

Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/)
IE6
IE7
Safari on windows

There's already lots of problems with Safari, but I'd expect them to be fixed soon. In which case it's got potential to be better than IE.
Firefox is by far the best/least buggy/safest web browser around, in my opinion.

ianjpage


F Body

Quoting: Pod
As far as web browsers go, I'd rate them as:

Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/)



Yep even my computer illiterate brain prefers Firefox


sixpack2639

I upgraded to IE7 when it first came out and have yet to have a problem with it.

Knock wood!!

Fieldy

I like Safari and Firefox about the same TBH......I can still see all the webpages so don't really see much difference

Fieldy

back to firefox.....

Safari was fast, but made everything else slow...also crashed twice already....cant be bothered with that,

Good ol' Firefox, I shall never doubt you again.....

sixpack2639

A little but it took me 3 freakin hours this afternoon to setup the printer on my daughters' new puter!

I can tell you this much, Windows Vista SUCKS!!!!!!

F Body

Quoting: Fieldy
Good ol' Firefox, I shall never doubt you again.....


Getting Firefox was the bet bit of advice my Geeky friends gave me

Quoting: sixpack2639
I can tell you this much, Windows Vista SUCKS!!!!!!


Tried to talk my Manager out of buying a new puter with Vista last week, now he comes in to work every day cursing the dam thing

Good old Microsoft - Every product designed to fail

Incursus

Well used Safari all of last night, not impressed, IE7 is still better, (might try again when the full version is released) but as i'm in the mood for trying new things so I'll give Firefox a blast tonight, see what all the fuss is about

Also my subscription to McCrappies finaly ran out so i'm giving AVG a go.

HardRockCamaro

I use Safari on my Mac, I did try Firefox and I do have it installed but found that Safari rendered pages much faster and also rendered the fonts better (anti-aliasing).  (took me a while to get used to that but now non anti-alisased systems look spdery to me).

I understand why Apple are doing this, it's to get non Mac people used to Safari as that is what is on the iPhone.  Plus, the iPhone will sync your bookmarks between the phone and the computer.

Frankly I don't see it taking off, most people who know no beter will continue to use IE and the techie types will use Firefox, mainly due to it's great selection of plugins...

The other problem is that they have decided ot relese it as a public beta.  I realise they're up against it time wise (iPhone lanches June 29th) but it stands to reason that an unfinished product is likely to be insecure, unstable and generally buggy.  Hardly the way to woo a new audience.  I can see a lot of bad press for them over this.

sixpack2639

Quoting: F Body
Tried to talk my Manager out of buying a new puter with Vista last week, now he comes in to work every day cursing the dam thing


You shoulda tried harder.

He can't say he wasn't warned though.

F Body

Quoting: sixpack2639
You shoulda tried harder.

He can't say he wasn't warned though.



Told me he was on the helpline line for four hours last night

Seems Vista won't connect with FA

As I said " Designed to fail "