Main Menu

Chili!

Started by BigBadChris, January 26, 2006, 10:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBadChris

Well, Graeme requested that I come up with a recipe for "ass burnin" chili.  The one I made tonight can be considered that!

What you need (remember you can change the portions proportionally if wanting to make less or more)

2lbs of Lean Ground beef
1/4 cup of garlic
3 Poblano peppers
8 oz can of Chipolte peppers
1 White Onion (I also threw in half of a yellow, because I wanted to get rid of it)
Vegtable Oil
8 cans of diced tomates (diced tomatos in puree for a thicker chili)
1/2 tablespoon Beef Boillon (sp? lol)
2 bell peppers (I did red and green for color...or colour as you guys say!)
5-6 dried chili peppers (if fresh, probably should deseed atleast half of them)
And a couple of bock beers!

Ok now for the chili powder

2 tablespoons of oregano
1 tablespoon of nutmeg
1 tablespoon of dry mustard powder
1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon of black pepper
and salt if you like.

First brown the ground beef, drain and press the grease out.
While its cooking start chopping the peppers up.  I used a food processor to get a finer chop.  You don't want a whole lot of big chuncks in it, so if cutting by hand, chop it fine!

Once its done, get the pot you are going to cook the chili in and put just enough of the vegtable oil to cover the bottom and cook the peppers and onions a couple minutes.

Once done, add the tomatos, ground beef, garlic and chili powder. You can also put the dried chili's and beef boillon in. If its a little on the thick side, you can add a little water to thin it some.  But not too much, remember you gotta but some beer in it!

Now, just let it simmer, stir every 15 minutes and check the tomatos.  Once they are soft add the beer and let it warm a couple of minutes and your done!

If you really wanna burn your ass, get some powdered cayenne pepper and add it too taste.



Good Luck!

Incursus

Gonna give that a try.... damn site more interesting than my chilli recipe.

I'll put the one I use up at some point but yours makes it look a bit simple

Roadkill

I Think the new "Food & Drink" section has justified its existance yet again.


art b

ya need some tabasco too in chilli to give it a kick !
oh fcuk me ive turned into jamie oliver!
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

Quoting: art b
oh fcuk me ive turned into jamie oliver!



MaryAnn

Chris you're gonna make some lucky Lady a good catch!!

BigBadChris

It don't need a kick man, but if you want to add some more go ahead!

philoldsmobile

Quoting: art b
ya need some tabasco too in chilli to give it a kick !




i once drank a tablespoon of tabasco for a dare....

wasn't that bad, but i can hold my peppers!

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile
i once drank a tablespoon of tabasco for a dare....

wasn't that bad, but i can hold my peppers!



Thats not exactly a dare thing philo. I used to do that for fun, now a dare thing is eating a candle, or the flowers you get at a chinese restayrant, even if you find out half way through they are made of polystyrene

art b

ooh ooh we must dare grahem do something at the 1st show !!
could be fun,
we need some ideas??

hmmmm; eat a third gen
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

BigBadChris

Dare him to get drunk!

philoldsmobile

dare him to buy a thirdgen camaro

art b

Quoting: philoldsmobile
dare him to buy a thirdgen camaro



i thought we were talking dares!
not financial suicide
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

BigBadChris

Ok, i "perfected" the chili last night.  Here's what I did

2 lbs of ground beef
2 10oz cans of tomato puree
2 cans of diced tomatos (drain the juice)
1 yellow or white onion
2-3 Poblano Peppers
2 bell peppers
1 tablespoon beef boillon
1/4 cup of minced garlic
dried chili's
vegtable
and 1 bock beer

for the powder:

2 tablespoons oregano
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 TEASPOON cinammon

I still used the food processor to dice the onion, and peppers.  Sautee them in the pot you will use for the chili.  Add the garlic while sauteeing.  Dump it all in, including the beer.  The beer will be the "liquid" part of the chili.  I put mine on low for about 2 hrs and let it simmer.  Everything blended well.  I'm sure if you cook it quicker it will be ok.