Titsy's SHOCKING mpg and extra second to 60....

Started by Titsy, May 12, 2006, 08:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titsy

So the thinking is that I probably have an oxygen sensor that's $hit the bed and gone to the big scrap yard in the sky. Hence a richer mix of fuel, meaning les mpg and less power.....

So I need to fix it, and for that I'm gunna have to fall back on my friends for what the MKB does best..... A little help!

Jamieg285 and F-Body, you're in the firing line here...

Jamie, I understand that you live not far from F-Body, If you are still coming over to the barn on Saturday (and it's ok with Martin) would it be ok if you could grab his diagnostic code reader and bring it over with you....

Also, I think someone said that they have a sensor removal socket.... something like 7/8" with a big cutout on one side for the cable me thinks....

I'm assuming I can pick-up a replacement from JWR for not to much as you can pick up BOSCH replacements in the states for around $25?!?

If anyone has any more advise, now's the time....

Jamieg285

It's looking like I will be able to get to the barn in the afternoon.  I'll get in contact with Martyn see if I can borrow the doobry.

I think it was PhilO that had the socket, but I might be wrong.

Roadkill

Quoting: Titsy
I'm assuming I can pick-up a replacement from JWR


Give me a shout before you do . . .

Jamieg285

If you go could you pick up a rad cap for me?  Lev-R-Vent one for a stock '79 camaro rad?

(can post current model number tonight if required)

Roadkill

I need a Radiator over-flow tank cap for a '83 Camaro.

Giblets


philoldsmobile

15mpg seems to ring a bell.....  

sorry, i dont have the socket - thirdgens can be done with a crescent wrench, so i never botherd buying one...

Titsy

Quoting: philoldsmobile
15mpg seems to ring a bell.....


Yep.... That's the not so magic number...

F Body

Quoting: Jamieg285
I'll get in contact with Martyn see if I can borrow the doobry.


Jamie has the doobry , just make sure you don't let the batteries go flat because it wipes the memory in the Palm and it has to be reloaded.

Jamieg285

This any good to you

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBD2-PWM-VPW-ISO-KWP-for-Ford-GMC-Buick-Chevrolet_W0QQitemZ8062782717QQcategoryZ30921QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBD2-PWM-VPW-ISO-KWP-for-For d-GMC-Buick-Chevrolet_W0QQitemZ8062782717QQcategor yZ30921QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know it will probably have ended by the time you see it, but it like he will have more.

Titsy

Thanks for the link Jamie... Unfortunatly I was to ill to follow it up at the time, but i'll be keeping an eye on the seller...

Titsy

F-Body

What make, model, and communication protocol is your OBD plugin...?

I'm trying to make sure I get the right type as 1995 is a dodgy year for knowing what protocol was used....

Seeing as I know yours didn't work, I can rule out the protocol.....

F Body

It's an OBD2 protocol from here :

http://www.obd2.com\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.obd2.com

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
It's an OBD2 protocol from here


Not wanting to be a pain, but succeeding i'm sure, do you know if it's VPW, PWM, ISO, or CAN?

Has it got a model number on it.....

Don't want to put you out but I want to make sure I get the right thing....

If it's VPW OBD2 then I think my car is one of the funny ones where they fitted an OBD2 connector, but it has an OBD1 PCM....

Titsy

I LIKE MAN SAUSAGE!!!

:ROFLS:

That's the last time I use the forum at your house FUBAR....

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Titsy

Quoting: FUBAR hijacking Titsy's login
:ROFLS:


N00B..... If you're going to hijack my login you could at least do it right....

FUBAR

Quoting: Titsy
N00B..... If you're going to hijack my login you could at least do it right....


Yup

Shamed.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Incursus

Sooo Ryan and Titsy both like Man Sausage





F Body

Quoting: Titsy
Has it got a model number on it.....


Err No because I just bought the software which runs on a Palm.

The order comfirmation reads : OBDII meter for Palm model G ( GM , Toyota and Isuzu ).

Total cost was $130 which = £96.23 on 04/03/03.

Trust you to be " difficult "

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
Trust you to be " difficult "


philoldsmobile

any update on this?

i dunno if it relates to all GM vehicels and code readers, but there is four different tech 2's..

europe
north america
australia and worldwide..

Goeff Caverhill at astoria has the woldwide one (about 2.2 grand IIRC) so if you get stuck, he is an option..

i also seem to recall that although the generic readers can pull physical codes from all OBDII cars, i think you need the specific reader for that range of cars to actualy get hte full data..

for example, when i had ther camaro scanned, because it was a north america tec2, the code was *whatever* - EGR solenoid failure  any other code reader would simply have given "fault code *whatever* found "

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile
Goeff Caverhill at astoria has the woldwide one


OK will call him tomorrow and ask seeing as i just fixed his speakers and that he used to work for my dad

philoldsmobile

Dad used astoria when he had a fault code with the tahoe, must say the service was excelent..